The EATG has been engaged in HIV prevention since the earliest years of “Positive Prevention”. Partnering primarily with AVAC, we have been operating an extensive and scientifically grounded prevention portfolio with evidence based approach, which has resulted in a literal movement across Europe to make sure that affordable and reliable prevention methods and options are available to everyone at risk of contracting HIV.
Overall aim: to ensure that affordable and reliable prevention methods, Prep, Vaccines, Microbicides etc., and options are available to everyone at risk of contracting HIV across Europe
- Increase and update the knowledge of EATG members on latest advances in HIV biomedical prevention;
- Highlight the perspective of the community in terms of social/ethical/regulative issues that are linked to the new strategies of prevention;
- Identify the needs to advocate for innovative methods of prevention;
- Present the position and responsibility of the community on biomedical prevention.
- Information: Organising webinars, disseminating information, news, factsheets, Q&A, reports etc;
- Advocacy: Mapping availability, legal and purchase situation, advocacy resources etc. per country in co-operation with in-country activists and researchers;
- Policy: A series of policy briefs on policy and research meetings, policy consultations with existing European organisations and with national health ministries;
- Monitoring: Conducting a baseline of knowledge of and involvement with PrEP by advocates in the HIV sector and a larger survey to measure changes in advocate involvement and knowledge and PrEP availability in specific countries.
- Through collaboration with partners (primarily AVAC), an extensive and scientifically grounded prevention portfolio with an evidence based approach will be developed and implemented.
Contact persons: Giorgio Barbareschi (EATG staff) at email@example.com and Gus Cairns (EATG membership) firstname.lastname@example.org
The following pages show the results and outcomes of the Prevention Portfolio.
Collection of video reports from EATG + AVAC Prevention Summit 2 produced by Nicholas Feustel
1) Part 1: PrEP
2) Part 2: Testing & Treatment
3) Part 3: The Future of HIV Prevention